One of our favorite desserts here at Caboose is grilled pineapple with Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Rub. The habanero and maple sugar add a delicious kick to the juicy sweetness of the pineapple, which is served warm over vanilla ice cream. It’s super easy!
- 1 large fresh pineapple
- Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Rub
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Peel and cut the pineapple into spears. Season pineapple with Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Rub* and place pineapple steaks on preheated grill.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side until you have caramelized grill marks and pineapple is heated through.
- Remove pineapple spears from grill, and slice into bite-sized pieces. Serve pineapple bites warm over vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!
- *Depending on your tolerance for spicy-heat, a small amount of Three Kings Smoky+Spicy+Sweet Rub can go a long way in this recipe. Start with 1/4 teaspoon per spear and increase if you'd like a hotter habanero flavor.