Did you know you can use Old No. 1 Universal BBQ Rub to make a quick & delicious homemade BBQ sauce? Its tangy flavor is great on pork and chicken. We served this sauce on our smoked pulled pork at our July Williams-Sonoma Artisan’s Market appearance.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Old No. 1 Universal BBQ Rub
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, heat over medium heat until mixture comes to a gentle simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- For best flavor, refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight. This will allow the flavors to blend and come to a nice balance.
- Yields 2 cups. Store in the refrigerator for up to one month.