Burnt. Broccoli. The best way to eat this cruciferous veggie, hands down. Seriously, once you have burnt broccoli you’ll never eat it raw or steamed again.
Paleo Burnt Broccoli with Spicy Aioli
I was first introduced to the concept of Paleo burnt broccoli in PaleOMG’s Instagram feed. I was intrigued. I had to try it. And OMG, was it good. No more limp steamed farty-smelling broccoli for this girl!
Our version uses Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning (not just for steaks & burgers!) to give it an extra smoky flavor. It’s crispy, and wow — when paired with our spicy aioli sauce — makes an amazing Paleo-friendly snack, side dish, or hors d’oeuvre.
Paleo Burnt Broccoli with Spicy Aioli Recipe
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil or avocado oil
- Abilene Depot Seasoning, to taste (about 2-3 teaspoons)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F and place a rack in the lowest position (closest to heat).
- See below for recipe.
- Cut the broccoli into florets (I like small florets because they get a little crispier)
- Toss broccoli florets in a bowl with oil and Abilene Depot seasoning until the broccoli is coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange broccoli in an even layer on parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until slightly burnt. Turn broccoli over about halfway through cooking.
- Serve broccoli with aioli sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
- Mix the mayonnaise, Three Kings, and Sriracha sauce, stirring well.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow flavors to combine for about 25 minutes.
- *Feel free to experiment with amounts, depending on how spicy you want it.
About Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning
Our Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning transforms ordinary steaks, hamburgers, fish fillets, and even vegetables into culinary works of art. Handcrafted in small batches and packaged in reusable metal tins, this seasoning blend makes a perfect gift for that grill master in your life.
About Three Kings Smoky Spicy & Sweet Dry Rub
Meet Three Kings: Spicy, Smoky, and Sweet. These three distinct tastes blend for an amazing depth of flavor. Habanero peppers give it a delightful heat, perfect for any meat (especially chicken), and even for adding an extra dimension to potato salad!
Let us know what you think about our recipes, and get yourself some Three Kings to try!