Who says carrots have to be eaten raw? Our grilled carrots recipe combines heat, oils, carrots and a touch of our Abilene Depot seasoning for Paleo side dish perfection.
Grilled Carrots: An Easy & Delicious Paleo Side Dish
Today at lunch, I was looking through our fridge for leftovers. We had some delicious leftover beef sirloin tip roast, but no veggies left over to pair with it. Rummaging through the crisper, I spied a bag of carrots.
We’ve been using our Traeger wood pellet grill a lot lately, and I love the smoky flavor it imparts to all kinds of different foods. It adds a great twist, especially to veggies. I remembered the time we roasted radishes on the grill… complete bliss! I thought I’d try the same technique with our humble carrots.
The result: A deliciously crispy, smoky-caramelized treat with a firm sweet inside. Give it a try for yourself!
- 8 medium carrots
- 1/4 cup coconut oil *
- 2 Tablespoons Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning
- Preheat your grill to about 400 degrees (or a medium flame). **
- Meanwhile, melt the coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Stir the Abilene Depot seasoning into the coconut oil and set aside.
- Wash and peel the carrots. If the green tops are still attached, cut the tops to about 2 inches in length.
- Brush the coconut oil mixture on the carrots, coating evenly.
- Place the carrots on the grill, and cook for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Serve with your choice of entree. Enjoy!
- * You may substitute olive oil, avocado oil, or butter for the coconut oil to change up the flavor or if you don't have coconut oil.
- ** If you don't have a BBQ grill, feel free to use a cast iron grill pan on the stovetop.
About Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning
Our Abilene Depot Steak & Burger Seasoning transforms ordinary steaks, hamburgers, fish fillets, and even vegetables into culinary works of art. Handcrafted in small batches and packaged in reusable metal tins, this seasoning blend makes a perfect gift for that grill master in your life.