Looking for a meal that’s easy and gets you out of a rut? This 3-ingredient curry chicken recipe will be ready in 35 minutes. Your family will love it!
Yesterday afternoon, I was chatting with my neighbor, Liz. She’s a busy mom of 5, always trying to come up with something creative for dinner.
Suddenly she asked, “Stace, what are you having for dinner tonight? I’m in a dinner rut.” I asked her what meat she had on hand. “Chicken,” she said.
“Do you like curry?” I asked?
“I love it!”
“Come with me,” I said.
A couple of minutes later, she was in my kitchen, a can of coconut milk in one hand and a sample of our Kashmir Station Curry Spice Blend in another. I gave her a couple of quick instructions and she was on her way.
I had one more can of coconut milk in my pantry, so I got some boneless skinless chicken thighs out to thaw. Just over a half hour later, I took this photo.
Kashmir Curry Chicken Recipe
The best part about this recipe is it’s literally 3 ingredients (4 if you count the oil used to sauté the chicken) and tastes quite exotic. You cut up your chicken, toss it in a skillet with oil, sprinkle that Kashmir Station Curry Spice Blend, and cook.
The secret to this recipe lies in sautéing the chicken with the Kashmir. As the heat is applied to the seasoning, it toasts the spices, allowing them to open up and “bloom” in the pan. As the chicken cooks, the spices blend with the oils and fats in the chicken to give a gentle heat to the dish. After the chicken is cooked, you add the coconut milk and simmer to help all of these exotic flavors blend and meld together into sweet deliciousness.
Serve over simple steamed rice, or if you’re Paleo or low carb, serve over steamed cauliflower as we did. It’s simple, healthy and delicious.
I touched base with Liz this morning. The consensus?
They all loved it They were wishing I made more!
Her family ranges from a 17-year-old girl to a 5-year-old boy. Crowd pleaser? Yes, I think so!
Enough of my shameless blather. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, diced in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp Kashmir Station Curry Spice Blend
- 1 (14 oz) can coconut milk (shake well before opening)
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until shimmery.
- Add diced chicken to skillet.
- Sprinkle Kashmir Station Curry Spice Blend over chicken. Stir chicken until coated.
- Stir fry over medium heat until chicken is cooked through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk to chicken mixture all at once. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, and turn to low heat. Simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over steamed rice. Garnish with green onion if desired.
- Serve over steamed cauliflower or cauliflower "rice" instead of steamed rice.
About Kashmir Station Curry Spice Blend
Just like the Kashmir region bordering India and Pakistan, this delightful blend balances the best of Middle Eastern, Asian, and Indian flavors. Aromas of turmeric, cardamom, and cloves make a delightful addition to pork, beef, lamb, and chicken. Handcrafted in small batches and packaged in reusable metal tins. Sugar free.