These baked chicken wings are super easy and perfect for a Monday Night Football get together. See notes for gluten free and Paleo/Primal versions. Featuring our Three Kings Smoky Spicy Sweet Dry Rub.
They’re tasty with or without sauce!
I don’t know about you, but I’m loving football season. Our Kansas City Chiefs are 4-0 after last year’s 2-14 season, and it’s time for Monday Night Football. Tonight the Dolphins take on the Saints. Should be a good game!
Baked Chicken Wings: The Perfect Monday Night Football Snack
Whether you’re having a bunch of friends over or you just want to have some football friendly finger food, you’ll want to try these baked chicken wings. They’re really easy and you can put them together in just under an hour. They’re delicious with our Three Kings Seasoning, but you can substitute any of your favorite seasoning salts or rubs if you don’t have Three Kings on hand.
While you’re using the oven, whip up our Sweet Potato Fries recipe. They can bake together and they’ll be done right around the same time. Bam!
If you’re feeling a little more ambitious and have some more time, don’t forget our Red Potato & Leek Salad recipe which also pairs nicely with the baked chicken wings.
Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- 2/3 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons Three Kings Smoky Spicy Sweet Dry Rub
- 1/2 cup milk
- 12 chicken wings
- BBQ sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pour milk into a dish.
- Mix flour and Three Kings Smoky Spicy Sweet Dry Rub in a large Ziploc bag. Shake well.
- Rinse chicken wings and pat dry.
- Dip each wing in milk, then place in Ziploc bag. Working with three or four wings in the Ziploc bag at a time, shake until wings are coated.
- Place chicken wings on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake wings in 400° oven for 22 minutes. Turn wings over and bake for another 22 minutes until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Pour 1/4 cup BBQ sauce in a clean bowl.
- Place 2-3 wings in the sauce and toss using tongs until wings are coated.
- Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.
- Substitute gluten free baking flour for the wheat flour. I use a pre-mixed combination of brown rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, sweet rice flour, and sorghum flour sold at my local specialty grocery store.
- Substitute our Paleo Breading Mix for the wheat flour. Mix equal parts shredded unsweetened coconut, ground flaxseed meal, and almond flour. (For this recipe, use 1/4 cup of each)
About Three Kings Smoky Spicy & Sweet Dry Rub
Meet Three Kings: Spicy, Smoky, and Sweet. These three distinct tastes blend for an amazing depth of flavor. Habanero peppers give it a delightful heat, perfect for any meat (especially chicken), and even for adding an extra dimension to potato salad!
Let us know what you think about our recipes, and get yourself some Three Kings to try!