Looking for a quick weeknight meal? Look no further! This beef shish kabob recipe can be made with virtually any kind of steak or beef and can be put together in 30 minutes or less.
Beef Shish Kabob Recipe: Simple & Easy Weeknight Meal or Make Ahead
These beef shish kabobs couldn’t get any easier. Just cube the beef, drizzle with oil, season with our Kansas City Southern Rib Rub, grill, and serve with veggies or a light salad. For variety, you can thread veggies such as onions, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, or tomatoes on with the beef or on separate skewers.
In addition to being an easy weeknight meal, this beef shish kabob recipe is great to make ahead and eat during the week. We made 4 skewers from 1 sirloin steak just last Sunday for use in salads and other meals for the week ahead.
You don’t need a gas or charcoal BBQ grill to enjoy grilled flavor. Simply use a grill pan like the one shown here from Lodge Logic to grill your kebobs on your stovetop.
*In the spirit of full disclosure, this is an affiliate link, which means that I may get a commission if you decide to purchase anything from Amazon.com. I only recommend products & systems that I use and love myself, so I know you’ll be in good hands!
- 1 lb beef steak (we used sirloin steak), cut into 1" cubes
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Kansas City Southern Rib Rub
- Metal or Bamboo Skewers
- Preheat your BBQ grill or a grill pan on a stovetop to medium high heat.
- Put the beef cubes in a bowl. Drizzle with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle Kansas City Southern Rib Rub on beef cubes. Toss to coat.
- Thread the beef cubes on the skewers. Place them on the preheated grill or grill pan.
- Cook each side for about 2-1/2 minutes on medium-high heat for medium rare.
- Once cooked to your satisfaction, remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with steamed veggies or a salad for a healthy, delicious and easy meal.
- For variety, try threading onions, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, or other veggies on the skewers with the beef. Be sure to season the veggies as well!
About Kansas City Southern Rib Rub
Kansas City Southern Rib Rub is our nod to the great tradition of Kansas City BBQ. While it was made for use on ribs, it’s great on other meats too! Give it a try on the above beef shish kabob recipe, or try it on beef skewers, lamb, or pork shoulder. The possibilities are endless!
Let us know what you think about our recipes, and get yourself some Kansas City Southern Rib Rub to try!