A fun twist on traditional coleslaw, this kimchi slaw recipe is a great side dish or burger topping for summer grilling.
A couple of days ago, as explained in this post, I found a delicious-looking recipe on Food & Wine Magazine’s website for an easy cucumber kimchi. I didn’t have cucumbers or some of the other ingredients, so I adapted it to use a freshly picked head of golden acre cabbage from my garden. I also threw in some fresh chives and sweet basil I had growing there.
Side Dish or Burger Topping — One Recipe
You can use the kimchi slaw as a fresh, sweet & spicy summer side dish, or as a topping on our Spicy Asian Pork Burgers. Delicious!
- 1 small head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Thai basil or sweet basil leaves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Kashmir Curry Spice Blend or curry spices
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey
- Place the chopped cabbage in a glass bowl.
- Add the chives, basil, Sriracha, rice vinegar, Kashmir Curry Spice Blend, kosher salt, sesame oil, agave or honey, and pepper to taste.
- Toss mixture well.
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours or so to allow flavors to develop.
- Taste and add more salt, Sriracha, and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish or as a topping on Spicy Asian Pork Burgers.
About Kashmir Station Curry Spice Blend
Just like the Kashmir region bordering India and Pakistan, this delightful blend balances the best of Middle Eastern and Indian flavors. Aromas of turmeric, cardamom, and cloves make a delightful addition to pork, beef, lamb, and chicken. Handcrafted in small batches and packaged in reusable metal tins. Sugar free.